STX-1701 WIP

These forums are to discuss anything related with the STMC or Trek in general.
Please do not ask for or discuss pirated versions of software.

Re: STX-1701 WIP

Postby starship » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

I do like of the new nacele, especially of the "bugged eyes" bussard. Looks cool!
starship
Commander

Postby Kirtemor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

Got the pylons how i want them.... here we go!
Attachments
WIP entry 3c.JPG
WIP entry 3b.JPG
WIP entry 3a.JPG
Where ever you go you are ALWAYS where you choose to be.
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Finished the Neck. I know Starfleet is moving away from this design, but I like the asthetics of the original a bit more. Quite partial to the TMP Enterprise. :)
Attachments
WIP entry 4c.JPG
WIP entry 4b.JPG
WIP entry 4A.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby starship » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

The neck looks good, as the overall shape, but I believe the pylnos are to much "thin". Oh, and you stilll have a few mesh issues in the cuts of the secondary hull. ;)
BUt it´s coming very well. Go ahead!
starship
Commander

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am

I agree about the design; it's out-dated by 'current' starfleet ship design, but I also prefer it. And you've worked it out very well, the general shape is very nice!

Starship may be right about the pylons, they are very thin. But that may be a design choice; it didn't occur to me before I read his comment.
Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Kirtemor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:21 pm

8) I have looked at the nacelle pylons again and I did notice that starship has a point. I did adjust the thickness some until I was happier with them, but that's all i did. will post more shots soon.
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

I tried really hard to get the neck to work with the saucer Design... unfortunately This seems to fit better. There are now 2 ships I'm working on. lol here are the shots. I'll do the U.S.S. Porthos (for lack of a better name) as a seperate Thread.
Attachments
WIP 4a.JPG
WIP 4b.JPG
WIP 4c.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am

only because i am feeling lazy atm. here is the USS Posthos
Attachments
WIP Porthos 2.JPG
WIP Porthos 3.JPG
WIP Porthos 4.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 am

I was asked what STX stood for. Here is a breif report:

STX stands for Secret Transwarp eXperiment. After the Destruction of the Enterprise-D along with the Veridian System, things did not go well for the federation. From the nearly catastrophic Borg attack on earth, which was averted only by sacrificing several starfleet ships and thier by performing simultaneous Picard Manuevers ramming the cube, to the Dominion War, the breakdown of the treaties between the Klingons and the Federation, things continued to get progressively worse. Shortly after the end of the dominion war, A scientist known as Peter Harkin brought a new drive idea to the federation science council. he called it a space fold drive. they dismissed him and his idea as unfeasable, to much power required.

'Taking a page from zephram cochrane, he built his own ship to prove his theory. During the flight, in his eagerness to prove his theory and show up those who had mocked him, Dr. Harkin failed to input a destination for the drive and vanished.No wreckage was ever found. 16 years later the U.S.S. VOYAGER returned to the alpha quadrant after being missing for 23 years. Capt. Janeway brought back a ragtag crew and three new technologies. The Transphasic Torpedoes and Ablative Armour technologies were immediately put into service, shifting the balance of power back to the federation. The slipstream drive took another 10 years before it could be used in a limited capacity. Starfleeet began work to make Slipstream Drives more efficient and more useful. This began the STX project.

It was during this time, 2413 to 2473, that the galaxy enjoyed a long period of peace
In 2473, seven years after the launch of the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-G, an alien race from outside the Galactic Barrier invaded the galaxy. Using Fold Drives, neutronium armor and advanced particle weapons, they struck every major political power in the galaxy at once. Their fold drive capability gave them the ability to be anywhere in the galaxy in 8 seconds. These beings, calling themselves the Yaz'tu Jakhar, claimed to be millions of years old and the rightful rulers of the galaxy. Even the Borg which had re-established the collective fell to them. In the century that passed, all transwarp technology was usurped or destroyed. The Federation and other Alpha Quadrant powers fell in only a few hours. All resistance was summarily destroyed. The "Jakharthans" (a slur that became popular among the oppressed) ruled with an iron fist from the home of the Race that gave them the most trouble: Earth.

Shortly after the invasion began, Crews working on the STX-01 began securing and evacuating the secret drydock facility housed at the Starfleet Museum annex in Martian orbit. As the evacuation proceeded, they recieved word the Enterprise-G had been destroyed. Just before the final shutdown, the registry on the ship was changed to honor the Enterprise. For nearly a century the STX-1701-H sat silently in her heavily shielded and secure drydock. That is, until Captain Angela Bremerton and her crew reactivated her systems and began the opening volleys of the war that freed the galaxy. She was instrumental in the reformation and restoration of the Federation. The new Restored United Federation of Planets now encompassed all that was once Cardassian, Klingon, Romulan, Dominion and some of the Borg controlled Space.
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 am

OK... back to the WIP. lol... where there's a WIP there's a way. But seriously, Back to the STX. A few more pics of the nearly completed ship... before textures.
Attachments
WIP 5a.JPG
WIP 5b.JPG
WIP 5c.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 am

... and a couple of beauty shots. :-)
Attachments
WIP 5d.JPG
WIP 5e.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:58 am

STX update
I've updated the STX. The Bulky impulse engines have been replaced and made to be more a part of the ship. I have redesigned the saucer to more of what I wanted in the first place. The are also the first of the windows installed and a few other minor tweeks.
Attachments
WIP 6d.JPG
WIp 6c.JPG
WIP 6a.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby Kirtemor » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:42 am

Just a tweek to see if i'm right in how it looks. Let me know what you think.
Attachments
WIP 7c.JPG
WIP 7b.JPG
Wip 7a.JPG
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

Postby starship » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I suggest to move the naceles and pylons forward, just a bit. :)
I do like of that previous version of the ship too. Will it be left behind, or completed later?
starship
Commander

Postby Kirtemor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 am

I am thinking strongly about completing both versions. The are elements of both that i like.
Kirtemor
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion