WIP planet scene

These forums are to discuss anything related with the STMC or Trek in general.
Please do not ask for or discuss pirated versions of software.
enzolima

WIP planet scene

Post by enzolima »

I've been playing around a bit with planets lately, this time i was trying to make a dream scene with a pandora system configuration, ie gas giant with orbiting planet.

Also something where i used the dreamworld from the movie 'the lovely bones' as an example, where you see the girl running around a tiny grass planet.

So, what do you think? what should be improved?

Sherlock Holmes
Captain

Re: WIP planet scene

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

That is crazy!!!! It looks like something id see in a Nintendo video game...or maybe an epic RPG. Its defiantly original though. Very Imaginative. Great Work Dude!!!!!
If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Post by Chainsaw_NL »

Looks nice. Bit of fantasy looking. There is a lot for such a small picture. Maybe some more distance would get more of a space look. Myself i'm more into more realistic scenes. But i know how hard it is to get a decent look. Here's one i did.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5194 ... anet01.jpg

enzolima

Post by enzolima »

Chainsaw_NL, where did you get the texture so detailed? It's awesome!

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Post by Chainsaw_NL »

The textures are made by Stefan "Aszazeroth" Ivarsson http://www.dragondesign.se. There multiple maps. (bump, spec, illumination) They are modifief textures of earth maps.

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Post by Erik_Timmermans »

I like the surrealistic look of Enzolima's second picture. It's very original and pleasing to look at, especially because it *is* what we'd call unrealistic and surprising.