Seven of Nine WIP

These forums are to discuss anything related with the STMC or Trek in general.
Please do not ask for or discuss pirated versions of software.
jonasnz1
Cadet

Seven of Nine WIP

Post by jonasnz1 »

bridge2.jpg
Thank you Chainsaw_NL for the use of your USS Voyager Bridge.
It has inspired me to work on character models to populate your lovely rendition of the Voyager bridge.

I am working in Poser 9, and also in 3DS Max 2012.
I am testing the models in both programs, to ensure good functionality in both.

I have finished my meshes for the Voyager com badge, and both of the Borg implants for Seven of Nine.
I have a little more work to get Jeri Ryan's mesh right.

Also the texture maps are works in progress, but will be complete before I release the model.

Posting a few images of my progress. (its slow going, but I have two toddlers that eat up much of my spare time.)
Attachments
bridge1.jpg
Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Re: Seven of Nine WIP

Post by Chainsaw_NL »

Wow, very nice. Amazing work. :shock: Don't know if i posted the link for you but let me know if you want the illustrator files for the screens.

If you want to get rid of the dirty shadow effect in the scene turn up the final gather to high. It will take much longer to render but the results will be better. Because the whole scene is lit with ambient occlusion (not real lights)

A small tip. To make you charcters stand out in the scene use 3 lights. A key light, a flood light and a backlight.

ps : i would hit that :lol:
jonasnz1
Cadet

Post by jonasnz1 »

Chainsaw_NL wrote:Wow, very nice. Amazing work. :shock: Don't know if i posted the link for you but let me know if you want the illustrator files for the screens.

If you want to get rid of the dirty shadow effect in the scene turn up the final gather to high. It will take much longer to render but the results will be better. Because the whole scene is lit with ambient occlusion (not real lights)

A small tip. To make you charcters stand out in the scene use 3 lights. A key light, a flood light and a backlight.

ps : i would hit that :lol:
Ill be exploring different render features, when the textures are done.
I just wanted to use the Bridge model as a background, for the posed human. (I literally split your model in half to use like movie sets.)
Cutting the bridge in to sets, cut the render time, and seemed to handle better, for my needs.
Stargate38
Cadet

Post by Stargate38 »

Any news on whether this model will be released or not? I've been looking everywhere for a model of 7, but I can't find any.