Why aren't there any character models on here?

These forums are to discuss anything related with the STMC or Trek in general.
Please do not ask for or discuss pirated versions of software.
Stargate38
Cadet

Why aren't there any character models on here?

Post by Stargate38 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 am

I noticed that all the models on this site are ships and accessory parts (buttons, etc.). Why aren't there any character models on here? I've already requested Seven Of Nine and a Romulan character (over in the Requests section), but I haven't gotten any replies, nor have I seen them on any other sites (free or paid). :cry:

Off-topic: Some of your smilies aren't working ( :D :) :( :o :? :wink: ; I also get a page not found error when I try to load them in a new window), but the rest work fine. Any chance you could fix them? I reported this years ago with a reply from an administrator, but it's still not fixed

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Re: Why aren't there any character models on here?

Post by Erik_Timmermans » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Characters are difficult to create and not that many people do it well. The simple answer is, that nobody has released any that they feel is good enough for release.
In addition, in case of actual persons, I would not host them as there are further (portrait) rights involved that complicate matters. That wouldn't stop a 'general' character from being hosted though, if anyone offered.

As for the smilies, they work for me. I'll see if a reset helps.

Stargate38
Cadet

Post by Stargate38 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 am

So where can I find them? I've looked everywhere, but I've only found TOS characters.

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 am

code0
Last edited by NETWORK1 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NETWORK1

Stargate38
Cadet

Post by Stargate38 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I checked, but those models weren't on there. Do you know of anywhere else I could get them? I'm also looking for Janeway, Neelix, the Doctor, Chakotay, B'elanna, and Seven.

Handyman4545
Cadet

Post by Handyman4545 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 pm

First off, don't get my post wrong as I mean no disrespect to anyone creating what I term as DUD's (Dress-Up-Dolls).
There is admittedly, a great deal of talent required in actually making the DUD's and accessories
I personally have only 3 months experience in DAZ and Hexagon myself and I was drawn out of Daz (after the usual romance dulled) and found my personal interest in the tech and detail stuff that comprise props, sci-fi related props in particular.

This site is about the (ST) vessels and props not available on other DUD sites.

Literally anyone, regardless of experience or talent, can make the characters via Daz "DUD's" now days.
The uniforms, characteristic morphs and props are all available as accessories in Daz and many Free sites on the internet and all you need is a little time to morph the faces into whoever you want to mimic.

If you want to buy DUD accessories, see the Renderosity or DeviantArt site.
Search via the key word "Trek"

DeviantArt has people on it who will full fill via contract, your personal requests for specific characters if you're not interested in making the DUD's yourself.

Hope this helps.
Handy

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Post by Erik_Timmermans » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:55 am

Thanks for the post Handy, useful for all those that are thinking of creating models!