Removing Glows in 3DMax

Use this forum to post your tutorials and share your techniques with the world. Tutorials can be for any 3D package.
Also, for any 3D related software, this is the place to recommend new or good plugins or software. Commercial advertising is not permitted!

Removing Glows in 3DMax

Post by BerniceD » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:54 am

Hey everyone,

Okay, I just downloaded the demo for 3D Max to see if it's something I might want to purchase in the future, anyway, I'm very new to it. I wanted to know how I can remove the glows from my ship models. Bryce won't recognize them so I would like to replace the Nacelle/Deflectors with a plain blue/red texture. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you for your help.

Re: Removing Glows in 3DMax

Post by starship » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Why you need to remove the glow? I believe it will be self removed in the conversion process. The 3DS file won´t carry the effect, and I believe that obj won´t carry too. In Bryce, you´ll need to reapply all the textures.

Re: Removing Glows in 3DMax

Post by Chainsaw_NL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 am

glow is added in different ways in max but mostly its not a texture. Textures can be selff illuminating in max which you can turn off in the material editor. Glow is usualy added in the effects (8) layout as a material id number or in the video post as a glow. Or (rarely) as a volumetric light. So any export to a different program usualy doesn't show up.

What model are you lookin at.