3ds max sheilds

Use this forum to post your tutorials and share your techniques with the world. Tutorials can be for any 3D package.
Also, for any 3D related software, this is the place to recommend new or good plugins or software. Commercial advertising is not permitted!
nick_b
Cadet

3ds max sheilds

Post by nick_b » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Hello all,

does anyone know of any way I can create sheilds? I would like the sheild to react when an object hits it.
Like the energy is being dispersed.

So far I have created the phasers by using a path constraint with an object following it, I've sped up the object to complete the path constraint about 1700 times so it looks like the ship is firing rapidly.

I would like the shield to react to the object when it hits. The object I have created is a sphere with a cone attached to it and a lot of glow to make it look like a phaser similar to Star Trek 2009.

I am using 3ds max 2010.

Thank you

Raul Mamoru
Admiral

Re: 3ds max sheilds

Post by Raul Mamoru » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi, Nick!

I believe that our colleagues Chris 2005, and Mylex can provide some direction for you.

You can send messages to both using the capabilities of "User Contol Panel" up there.

These two are experts! 8)
Translated by GOOGLE Translated by GOOGLE

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Post by Chainsaw_NL » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Is that for a game or movie. If it's for a movie you can use a elliptical shape around the mesh and render it as alpha channel. Then you can add any effect to it in After Effects.

For max this looks nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL__n9S_RB0
This should work if you use a particle spray instead of a cilinder shape.

http://discovery.scifi-art.com/shields/index.html

nick_b
Cadet

Post by nick_b » Sat May 05, 2012 1:04 pm

That's perfect!!

Thank you!!!!