I hope you have enjoyed the Blender conversion of this great Enterprise-D model. After these months I took some time to improve it:
- Aztec-paneling had been lost in conversion, I have restored David's textures to their rightful place.
- Bump maps improve the paneled appeareance of the model. You will have to tune their geometry in order to make the most of them.
- Slightly deformed the bottom of the pylons to solve a Z-figthing problem at the back of the bottom secondary hull.
- Slightly deformed the saucer rim to correct a Z-figthing problem next to the impulse engines.
- Improved the shading in all meshes of the model; this should be most apparent in close-up renders.
- The main shuttlebay door now has a dark registration number, as well as yellow markings inspired in the studio models.
- Red stripes have been placed on the neck rib.
You might consider updating the Blender link at the Enterprise-D
Please download the updated package from Dropbox
I submitted a couple pictures to the public gallery, but they lacked some of these improvements, would you be so kind to remove them? Thanks!