A couple of conversions

If you know of meshes that are available, but not hosted on the STMC, or if you have made a mesh yourself and want to release it on the STMC, post here!

Moderator: Mesh Moderators

billy-home
Lieutenant

Re: A couple of conversions

Post by billy-home » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Nice work on the vids you showed me, it seems the re-texturing worked out fine, which is good to see, if you need anything else converting just give me a shout, I'll help whenever I can

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Oh while I think on, I've nearly finished the Vesta, though I've done 2 versions of the yextures, one uses the original textures, the second has all the darker parts changed to white or a light grey, just to show of the mesh a little better. I'll give Dave a shout and ask him if I can release this version, but I already know his answer will be yes.

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanx Billy
its great to have a Good Mesh converter expert around.
the back burners in the lower pic, are welded to the main frame ,so i just cant make them glowing blue.
Last edited by NETWORK1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NETWORK1

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

In the trailer those domes at the back don't glow, but I'm thinking that they should when the ship goes to warp, I can easily reassign a texture to them so they can be made to glow when needed, I'll do that and send you the updated version, I've also just looked at Dave's read-me for the Vesta, he states that folk can do what they want with it, as long as he gets credit, (it's basically the same one as the Ares) and I already know he doesn't mind me converting his stuff and releasing it, so I'll send you the DAE version of the Vesta anyway, along with the updated Ares

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:35 pm

The Vesta is giving me some real problems, I've tried exporting it through 3 programs and it crashes every one of them, I think it's the overall size of the Lightwave model, it weighs in at 75.1mb, which is a lot to convert, since the Collada one is usually almost twice the LW one when it's saved. I'll keep at it though, there's always a workaround, even if it means splitting the model into parts, (that's if your prog can work with a multi part model), I'll think of some way to get it right

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Forgot to mention, the updated Ares is uploaded, the link I sent you in the PM should still work, I've just replaced the first zip with this newer one

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanx billy
I think your right about the blue-glow,
iv looked at some renders and they dont appear.
thanx 4 the update ill try it now.
--------------
All my Trailers credit the mesh designer
plus anyone else involved, as it looks good in the opening text sequence.
--------------
Last edited by NETWORK1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NETWORK1

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 am

I've finally managed to convert the Vesta, it's in the same Mega folder as the others, just in case the old link doesn't work here's a new one

https://mega.nz/#!EcUUSQgJ!eMm1FAMy5NKg ... rCjKN72Kb4

And one for the new Ares as well

https://mega.nz/#!sYtR0QwC!U6q5WLyuGaAi ... evo8uEYXpc

I hope the vesta loads up okay, and the textures assign correctly, as I exported the LW version through Blender to DAE.

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 pm

OH OH ! VERY GLAM !
And ZERO Material assign yet ,so god knows what it will look like then
Thats a super-man conversion billy.

I think Eric Timmermans Would be very pleased
if you made it possible for him to host these fab conversions
EXCLUSIVELY to S.T.M.C. ? and not independently of this website ?
You Got the Power !

DRAG PHOTOS TO NEW TAB, FOR 1920:822 21:9 RENDERS

Last edited by NETWORK1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NETWORK1

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Glad you like it :lol: , I hope Eric does want to host them, though I've also put the LW versions of the Axanar models up at Foundation 3D, I actually enjoy converting models, (I've been doing it for years), as much as I do building them, I like adding my own little touches to them to try and improve on what's normally a great model to start with.

I don't know if you have ever heard of the Dystopia city blocks, I was one of the original members of 'Team-Dystopia' in just over five years we built and converted 100 400m x 400m city blocks from Lighjtwave to Poser, a difficult job at the time because Poser only had 100% smoothing, with no options to lower it, they still sell but the quality is really poor now, since they were only meant to be background fillers, they've even been used in a Star Wars film, though because of the main man, Moebius87, we got nothing from it, he gave permission to anyone who bought them to use them for commercial projects with no royalties needed for us, DOH!, his only exception was for games, the phisycal models couldn't be used in any 3d game.

Are there any other models you would like converting, I've enjoyed doing these three, and wouldn't mind working on a few more

Billy

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:52 am

Im sure Eric will be glad to host them too.

The extra finesse and touches you add to the original models,brings them right up to date..
im gonna have a look around Foundation3d,and see what the vibe is.
the Dystopia city blocks sounds like a quite a venture to take on.
great that you were one of the original members of Team Dystopia.

Im quite taken by Mark Radmaker, theres one model thats I.N.C.R.E.D.A.B.L.E ,id love to animate a tiny movie for him using that craft,
which perhaps you might be able to convert, and make available here on stmc, with his permission of course
although it looks pretty B.I.G. !
Do you know Mark Radmaker ?, iv included all of you,as credits in the new trailer-movie to come.
right click link to view in new Tab

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yard2380/23218999315/
Last edited by NETWORK1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NETWORK1

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:39 am

Now that is one lovely model by Mark, I'd be more than happy to convert that one, do you know if it's available anywhere to download?

I don't know Mark unfortunately, though I have seen his work before a number of times

NETWORK1
Commander

Post by NETWORK1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:26 am

billy-home wrote:Now that is one lovely model by Mark, I'd be more than happy to convert that one,
do you know if it's available anywhere to download?
I don't know Mark unfortunately, though I have seen his work before a number of times
yes billy its on foundation 3d
Last edited by NETWORK1 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NETWORK1

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Post by Erik_Timmermans » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks for the conversions!

It's on my 'To Do' list, may be a bit longer though before I can get on it :(. But they will be online!

billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 am

Thanks Erik, glad to be of help, I've also done Spencers ship, in Lightwave and hopefully the OBJ conversion doesn't have the problems with flipped polys, I'll upload that as well and leave a link for you guys to grab it