Need help: Sovereign Class

Place requests for meshes, blueprints and the likes here.
tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Need help: Sovereign Class

Postby tnpir4002 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 am

There are those out there with far more ability than I with these things, and I was wondering if it would be possible for one of our very talented members to make textures for one of the Sovereign-class meshes out there, with the following registry information:

USS F. Scott Fitzgerald
NCC-85107-B

If you do this just let me know which Sovvy you used so I can be sure they match--thanks a lot!

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Re: Need help: Sovereign Class

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:03 am

I have been working on Paul Trenkler's Sov class for a while now but i'm not quite finished. I can't get the patch deform right for the markings. The best i can do now is :

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/272/paulsov.jpg

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 am

^ That sir is FAR better than I can do, so it works! If you don't mind sharing that hull texture, I'm happy to use it as is, though of course if you want to keep working on it (the scene I want this for won't be made for a while yet), I'm hardly going to say no!

Thanks a million for this!!!

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm

The callsign is backed into the geometry on the origional. I spent a lot of time getting a lot of errors out of the mesh. The new cllsign is also geometry not a texture. The whole mesh is 1.109.876 polygons.

Tell me in what format you would like to have it. I'm using max 2012 x64. I can revert to 2011 or 2010. Or make a fbx or OBJ output.

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm

o_O? You sir are a HERO. I've never worked with Paul's Sovereign before so I didn't know the registry was geometry instead of graphical. Words seem insufficient, but THANK YOU for this!!!

I only have MAX 2010, so if you could convert to that format that would be terrific. Again, thanks a million!

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hope this will help : (open in new page, then file/download)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6DpXRCw-EnDUkNQNVE3SFhZdm8

I have already email paul for permission but :

Don't forget the legal in the origional file

IV. CONDITIONS OF USE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1, YOU MUST:
- put credits on all images made with the mesh. Just place a text like "Sovereign by Paul Trenkler" in the corner, please DON'T use my nickname (Isidor) unless you have a VERY good reason to do so :). If you like, you can also write my email or homepage adress, but you don't have to.

2, YOU MUST NOT: (i.e. you CAN'T)
- use the mesh for profit-making projects
- sell the mesh directly or by putting it on a CD/DVD/other media which will be sold
(exceptions may be done if you contact me)
- put the mesh on public download (i.e. making it available to an unknown amount of people)
without my permission. Expect me to allow this only for reliable and good-known sites.
- release any conversions without my permission, just ask me and I'll say "OK". However, doing any conversion should be quite difficult (polycount, materials...).
- modify any of the files before redistributing the mesh, exceptions may be allowed by me.

3, I'D BE HAPPY IF YOU:

- notify me of any image/anim you do with the ship. Really, I'm not good at making pics so I'd love to see her "in action" :o). Just send me an email with the file URL or attached. Thanks :)
- send me comments, critics, anything related to this mesh. It will be considered when making a (possible) next release of the ship.

If you don't agree to these rules, you should delete the mesh immediately.
Any violation of this rules will be investigated thoroughly and it may happen that the mesh will be removed from download. In this case, all of you who own a copy will have to delete it without further notice. I'd be very sorry to do that, so please don't force me to do so.

That's about it. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions, you can reach me through email or mobile phone :). I sincerely hope you'll have fun working with the mesh and don't kill me for the polycount :o).

Isidor

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 pm

No worries, I always ALWAYS give due credit and don't spread these things around.

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I exported it as a 3DS, but when I imported it back into Bryce the components had drifted (badly). Paul's original Sovereign didn't do that so something changed--is there any way to fix this kind of component drift?

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Here's what I see when I import it, both Bryce and Deep Exploration see it like this.
Attachments
3DSComponentDrift.JPG
3DS component drift, both Deep Exploration and Bryce have this.

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am

Yea...tried everything I can think of, but this mesh as is is unuseable. I need a 3DS export that doesn't "blow up" when I import it into Bryce. I can't use an OBJ export because the textures come out wrong. If you know MAX I'm hoping you know an option I don't see!

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 am

Lol.....not. That's odd try to select everything in max the go to hierachy and select affect pivot only. Then center to pivot. Then export.

not all the textures come out right but mine looks like this in bryce

Untitled.jpg

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

The colored nacelles and such aren't the problem so much as the textures on the saucer. Look at how the OBJ version loads them, then look at the 3DS version. The UV mapping looks right with the 3DS, but not with the OBJ. I can manually add the textures on the parts that aren't htere.

I'll give the MAX fix a try and we'll see what happens.

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 am

The hierarchy panel doesn't have Center to Pivot. The three alignment options I see are Center to Object, Align to Object, and Align to World. Am I doing something wrong or is that just a difference between Max 2010 and Max 2012?

tnpir4002
Lieutenant

Postby tnpir4002 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am

Hoping it's a difference between versions..."Center to Object" has no effect.

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:34 am

Sorry that's my bad, ofcource it center to object.

Just in case here's the obj.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6DpXRCw-EnDdDdkd0syTzA4U2M

Return to “Requests”