Olá, Mr. Chainsaw!
(Hope you're getting the translation.)
Ok .. you downloaded the file '.3 ds' and imported into your Max9.
Use the eyedropper/"Pick Material from Object" does not work, because during the export to the '.3 ds' format , the textures are renamed.
It is necessary to recreate the settings of the maps following the guidelines of the ".Txt" file that comes with the download, where there are simple instructions:
Mesh (s) Name = Related maps
BgdDIs = Diffuse Slot: VIP Bridge Recreate Diffuse.tif / Self-Illumination slot: VIP Bridge Recreate Mask.tif! Please, Check 'n' the "Color" toggle! / Specular Level Slot: VIP Bridge Recreate Tiles.tif
DscDwn = Diffuse: No Map: Simple White Color / Specular Level Slot: DiscoDown Tile 2.tif
DscUp = Diffuse: No Map: Simple White Color / Specular Level Slot: DiscoUp Tile 2.tif
and so on.
I created this list because I know that the importation is not tidy configuration of the maps.
I saw that in his MaterialEditor, the textures for the objects with the name beginning with "BgdDI" are configured.
1) Follow the instruction in ".Txt" file with calm.
2) In a new Max file, before you import the objects, set up each set of materials.
3) a) Save the file and b)import the Enterprise mesh.
4) Click 'Select by Name' or press H and arrange the list in alphabetical order (in the file. "Txt ' the objects are in alpha order.)
5) Make your selection, open the Material Editor and drag the map to the selected object or set of objects.
Send your news/images about this problem ...
Translated by GOOGLE