30+ models and updates

If you know of meshes that are available, but not hosted on the STMC, or if you have made a mesh yourself and want to release it on the STMC, post here!

Moderator: Mesh Moderators

axeman3d
Commander

30+ models and updates

Postby axeman3d » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi all, nice to see this place coming back to life again. With that in mind, I thought I'd renew my offer of donating all the Trek models I currently have on my own website, www.kennyscrap.com

I think 4 or 5 of them are already on here, but when I set up my new website I updated and cleaned up a lot of the models and files, so the .rar files on my site are probably better than the ones currently uploaded here. The other 25 models are free for people to use, and I would be honored to see them on the STMC. This was always my first go-to place when i need Trek models, it's only fair I give back my own Trek models too. If you think any of the models are worth hosting feel free to download the .rar file straight from my website, or if you need me to formally submit them somehow then just let me know. Most are in Lightwave .lwo format, with some in additional formats.

Kenny
http://www.kennyscrap.com

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Re: 30+ models and updates

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Axeman!

Thanks for posting this -- you made the same offer some time ago which I passed onto the mesh moderators, but these have since all but dissappeared.

I'm going to think about the best way to do this -- I'd need a lot of rendering done and not running Lightwave myself, probably am not the best person to do it.

We're looking at a rendered thumb (512x384) of every model, and preferably a 125x94 render too. Perhaps the best way is to do it in small batched, with you, or a volunteer, doing the renders from a nice angle. What do you think?

Erik

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Those are some very nice models axeman. Great looking site aswell. Maybe Erik can put a link in the links tab aswell.

If you need help rendering out some stuff let me know.

axeman3d
Commander

Postby axeman3d » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks Guys, I'll knock out renders of the models to suit this site and then send you a link. I have to spend a day or two updating my site anyway, i have yet more models to upload and a couple of tutoriala to finish as well. I'll post it here when I'm done.

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:04 pm

axeman3d
Commander

Postby axeman3d » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 am

http://www.kennyscrap.com/zips/STMC.rar

There's the link to a .rar file with 17 or so images and thumbnails for the models I can post up immediately. If you like I can knock up a decent render of one of the better models for the front page splash page if you like.

Love the cartoon, by the way. I genuinely laughed out loud. :)

Kenny

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Great!

These should be fairly easy to put up. I'll look at hosting them this week.

For the news page, anything flashy you'd like I'll stick on there! (almost anything :) )

axeman3d
Commander

Postby axeman3d » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 am

Right, what I've done is retouch a few old renders and I've included them in the same STMC .rar file. If you donwload it again you'll now also have a selection of images for the news front page. What I can also do is convert a few of these to .obj or .3ds format as well, but I cant do the retexturing for them. It would be the basic object, they'd need to texture it themselves using the images in the .lwo file or making their own.

Kenny

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Great!

I've got the new zipfile, but am moving houses this weekend. Not sure when my internet connection will be back up, so stick with me; as soon as I'm back on broadband I'll start hosting them.

Thanks again, this is a great addition for the STMC!

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Actually, I redownloaded the STMC.rar file, but it seems to be the same as before. Do I need a new link?

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Maybe a new winrar??? :lol: File above i can open fine.

axeman3d
Commander

Postby axeman3d » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Well that was embarrassing. I've uploaded the file again, it seems to be the right one this time. Give it a go and see if you can see the extra pictures.

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Working perfect now! :)

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Pretty much all of them are online now!

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:37 pm

So far, of the new (to this site) meshes, the following are missing as there were no thumbnails:
Klingon Fighter,
USS Bainbridge,
USS Chimera,
Quantum class.

As for updating the existing models, which one are outdated? And when updating them, is it worth keeping the old conversions?

Thanks!

Return to “New meshes”