Hi Unusualsuspex, although the ed giddings 1701-E model looks nice i think the paul trenkler one is way more detailed. But that might not be what you need. Changing the callsing on ed's model is pretty easy. I could do it for you bu i think with a little help you could manage too.
1. Download and install the right texture http://www.starfleet.4mg.com/fonts/
you will need the Starfleet Bold Extended
2. Ungroup the model (group -> Ungroup)
3. Leave the text for positioning.
4. Use the text too with the right font.
5. put an extrude modifier on it. ( and a bend modifier if you want to pre- bend it)
6. Convert to edit poly and position.
7. detach into separate elements to position the letters individualy
You can also path conform the text alone and alter it at any time, but that's a bit more work.
Let me know if you dont succeed and what name you need.