Saber class

Place requests for meshes, blueprints and the likes here.

Saber class

Postby Unusualsuspex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 am

Hi guys :)

I've been out and about across the net (via Google and loads of other search engines) to find a Saber class for 3dsMax. So far no luck.

I know there is one in the downloads section but I'm looking for something with a bit more detail to it if possible (not that I don't appreciate the fact that this is one of the only places to get this ship :) )

Does anybody know of such a mesh?

Thanks so much for the help
Unusualsuspex
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Saber class

Postby starship » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:09 pm

My friend Adam Kopala built a good one, therefore it isn´t a public release. ;)
You can see her here:
http://adamkop.deviantart.com/art/Star- ... -214768713
http://adamkop.deviantart.com/gallery/3 ... id=e8af506
starship
Commander

Postby Unusualsuspex » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks Starship

I'd already seen that across at DeviantArt, and it is a very nice mesh. Sadly, like you said, it's not publicly available :(

I'll keep searching though....
Unusualsuspex
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 am

I still find it a bit strange people don't release the meshes. What else can you do with them after you made it?
Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Postby Unusualsuspex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:19 pm

It's always confused me as well. After all, Rembrandt and all his cronies didn't paint their pictures and keep them to themselves!!!!

Seriously though, I've only ever made three models and gladly share them out to whoever wants them. It makes me smile that somebody enjoys something I made....

Oh well :(
Unusualsuspex
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby starship » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:36 am

Well, not anybody likes to release their meshes. The reasons are variable...
Someones see their meshes as a son, and think that not everyone is skilled enough to play with them. It´s indeed a fact. ;)
Others had bad times when released their meshes. Eric Peterson, from the old Wolfpack, got in troubles with the law cause an ass***e solved to sell one of his meshes and made Paramount to act.
And others got irritated cause the horrible kitbashes made with their meshes, even when it was not allowed. There are peoples that got frustated when a realese is made, but no renderings are made or posted. For the last, the ones that try to pass a mesh built by other as if it was built by them...

Well, when you publish something on the net, is hard to keep control. I think it is what annoys more a lot of peoples. Others simply don´t mind at all. Do what you want. And so on... :)

Private releases are still a good way to have some rare meshes, and I´m lucky enough to have a few. ;)
From my side, until today, I only released one mesh built by myself and 03 conversions, but if I had finished others, for sure I would release them. Sadly, freetime isn´t my friend anymore. :cry:
Just be gratefull for what the others released (or not released, but showed). Peoples have different minds, fears, and desires, what makes them do this or that. ;) Release a mesh is, at the end, a personal decision. ;)
starship
Commander

Postby starship » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 am

Already forgot, let me say thanks to Chainsaw, Raul and all others for being cool and generous enough to share their pieces of art with us all. Let me say thanks to Erik too, the friend who hosts all these meshes, for free, since the old times. 8)
starship
Commander

Postby Unusualsuspex » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 am

I'll second, third and fourth that Starship. It seems to be a shrinking world of free meshes and the time and work that all the guys here put into it is appreciated so much more than they will ever know!!

Thanks to all 8)
Unusualsuspex
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby Chainsaw_NL » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 pm

All valid arguments indeed. Still i release all my meshes for everyone to do with as they please. It is realy a shame paramount acted that way as it was no fault of him his mesh got soled. There are ofcourse always people out there trying to make a cheap buck by stealing from others. Hopefully we can have a community where people know eachother and share there work.
Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Return to Requests