U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Star Trek The Motion Picture

If you know of meshes that are available, but not hosted on the STMC, or if you have made a mesh yourself and want to release it on the STMC, post here!

Moderator: Mesh Moderators

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Star Trek The Motion Picture

Postby Tralfaz » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:32 am

Hi Folks,

I've just finished my U.S.S. Enterprise from Star Trek The Motion Picture. It was created in Cinema 4D, but has been exported to OBJ format. With your approval, I would like to submit my model so others can download.

Thanks in advance...
Al
Tralfaz
Cadet

Re: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Star Trek The Motion Picture

Postby starship » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 am

She is wonderfull!!
Welcome aboard. Surelly Erick will host it. ;)
starship
Commander

Postby Erik_Timmermans » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 am

With pleasure :)

I've sent you an email!
Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Postby starship » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 am

Download done!

After to give it a first try, max 9 imported the obj with a lot of flipped faces in naceles and saucer, and missing textures.
In the second try, the mesh was imported in Deep Exploration and re-exported as a rh binary. This time, the imported rh mesh in max 9 looks exactly like the one showed in the rendering you posted at scifi-meshes, and I found what is going wrong there. The windows at rim's front, have unwelded vertices, but they are so closelly superposed that it's impossible to see it without to look closelly that area. :shock: Welded all of them with a single command, but it didn't work. So, pressed undo and started to weld them one by one. In a small area of test, it worked. Looks like it can be the solution, but it will take sometime to be concluded. :)
Anyway, looks like that place is the unique area where the problem occurs. Just a minor trouble. Still, a DAMMED fine mesh Al. Thanks for sharing :thumb:
I will be out of my city (vacation is a blessing :D) until day 18. Later, I will tell you the news. 8)
starship
Commander

Postby TCB5000 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:30 am

Thanks for a beautiful model. Here is my Blender conversion.
http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/tcb5000/media/NCC-1701_zps797b34da.png.html?sort=6&o=0
TCB5000
Cadet

Return to New meshes