Another new ship

These forums are to discuss anything related with the STMC or Trek in general.
Please do not ask for or discuss pirated versions of software.
XFozzboute
Ensign

Another new ship

Post by XFozzboute »

Another ship I've been working on for awhile. No name yet.
Just a few more windows. I still need to add some to the bottom of the saucer. I’ve yet to move it into mental ray. I think I’ll do that after the modeling is done.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Re: Another new ship

Post by XFozzboute »

Started to get some panel lines in. There’s some messy bits on the side I’m not happy with but I’ll figure something out.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

Got a bit more work done. added more panel lines and a little other things. Worked more on the airlock. Just need to do a few other things and I can move onto textures.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

Added more panel lines to the bottom.
I also added a few windows to the bottom of the saucer. Just about finished with is thing just want to go around and add few little things.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

I know I was thinking about adding few more other small bits of detail but looking the thing over I don’t feel I need to. Just needed to finish a few things off and maybe fix a few things that needed fixing. So I finished of the shuttle bay door.
I also added a nav light to the bottom of the ship.
I also decided to start to remake the phazer turret. It’s not as good as the first version I lost but it still works for me.

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Post by Erik_Timmermans »

Excellent work! I really like the overall round shapes the ship has, the nacelles, the secondary hull, and then even back to some of the hatches. It makes the whole feel like one, which is not easy in ship designing. Then the returning 'double-diamond' shape (like in the turret, and the impulse engines) creates a whole. Nice design, and nicely built!

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

Thanks.
UPDATE...
Finished up the phaser. I like it.
This is how it looks deployed.
Moved into Mental-Ray so I can start work on the textures.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

Getting the ship’s lighting finished up and started on the rooms behind the windows.
A bit more texture work.

XFozzboute
Ensign

Post by XFozzboute »

More windows getting done. I was thinking that each deck gets a different colored carpet. Not that you can see the carpet but it’s the thought that counts.

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Post by Erik_Timmermans »

Great detailing! Really brings the ship to life (well, as in real-life life, since living ships are scary).

I like the capet idea, then the crew can refer to red deck/blue deck etc. Not that you can hear them, but anyway :)