3DS Max Enterprise E help

Place requests for meshes, blueprints and the likes here.
Vergath
Cadet

3DS Max Enterprise E help

Post by Vergath » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:39 am

Hi all,

I have a 3DS Max Enterprise E model, and Im very new to 3DS Max. I want to change the ship's name and registry on the hull/nacelles however have no idea how to do this. Is there anyone here who could guide/help me with this?

Many thanks in advance 😊

Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Re: 3DS Max Enterprise E help

Post by Erik_Timmermans » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:01 am

It will depend very much on how the registration is put into the model.

If it is by texture file, then you can simply change that texture using an image editor (the textures are simply image files that come with the mesh). Some skills with image editing will be required to make the change invisible.

If the registration is built into the mesh, it will be far more work. The actual mesh must be edited, which will simply require a lot of practice and trial-and-error. You will learn a lot on the way :).

Vergath
Cadet

Post by Vergath » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. I believe based on reading another post I have the same model as others, and the registry/name is part of the geometry?

Is there anyway you could guide me through how Id change it?. Ive tried asking in the previous thread as someone called Chainsaw helped another user

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Post by Chainsaw_NL » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi vergath,

Can you post a link to the model you want to use? I first restored the origional geometry and removed the current registry. Then i downloaded the proper font and extruded the letters.

http://www.st-minutiae.com/resources/fo ... eet_2.zip
Then using a bend modifier i got it in the propers shape. Once the text is positioned properly i used a proboolean cut option. Then clean up some of the vertices and apply the proper texture. I'll see if i still have the unregistered version.

Vergath
Cadet

Post by Vergath » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Chainsaw,

I uploaded the model to my google drive, it can be accessed at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N67ZT ... JEhWWxCya-

Chainsaw_NL
Admiral

Post by Chainsaw_NL » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi Vergath,

Unfortunally i don't have the unregistered version of Paul Trenkler's version. And it is a very messy mesh to fix. If i had the time i would give it a try again but i don't. I do however have the Alex3d version. Which is a much cleaner mesh and has the registry seperate. Have a look. It is textured as the Nemesis enterprise.

Enterprise E - By Alex 3d