request Vor'cha in non 3DMax format

Place requests for meshes, blueprints and the likes here.
bill123
Cadet

request Vor'cha in non 3DMax format

Post by bill123 »

Hello,

I'm a Mac user and so using the 3DMAX format is difficult (3DMAX does not run on Mac).

Can anyone convert David Metlesits' Vor'cha class mesh to Blender, 3DS, Lightwave or OBJ?

In case anyone is interested, I am writing a personal modern version of the (text based) Super Star Trek Game ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek ... ideo_game) ).
The code is written in openGL/C++ and will be freeware when finished (that is just the code, not other peoples meshes/sounds/artwork etc).
It uses mostly TMP era meshes, the Hipparcos star catalogue, has an almost complete Solar system (I'm missing some minor moons for Juipter/Saturn) and accurate Keplerian orbits.
It started out as an orrery project, but evolved when I discovered this site.

There are a number o 3DMAX meshes I would like to use but this is the most important one.

bill123
Erik_Timmermans
Site Admin

Re: request Vor'cha in non 3DMax format

Post by Erik_Timmermans »

Unfortunately I don't have (working) software anymore to do this for you. I hope someone does, it's a great project! I've seen some people try before but I think you're taking the right approach in making the code free, it does away with the troubles of imaging. Looking forward to it!
billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home »

Here you go bill, saved as an obj file, I converted it using both MAX and Lightwave, so if you prefer the lwo I can send you that too

Cheers

Billy

Vor'cha obj version
bill123
Cadet

Post by bill123 »

Thanks you for the OBJ version. I'll look at it over the weekend.

I'll try and post a short video of my game in the next couple of weeks.

Although I wrote the program I have to say that it looks surprisingly professional
The STMC meshes make a big difference.

once again

thanks

bill123
billy-home
Lieutenant

Post by billy-home »

Looking forward to seeing it bill